1) Learning and development is a key tool in retaining and motivating GenZ but if you can only do one thing, make it a mentoring programme.
2) Learning that revolves solely around classroom style is a waste of your resources and GenZers time. Mix it up, provide them with context and objectives and then get Zoomers to take responsibility for their own development.
3) Provide online Learning Management Systems with learning databases. Support GenZers to use it whenever and wherever they want and encourage them to see it as a microlearning tool.
4) Build a latticed career path framework, with clear skills and time in roles expectations.
5) Make learning purposeful and be clear about the link to job performance or future career growth.
6) Actively talk about mental health and provide education, tools and management support.
7) Create, or build on your traditional job database, an internal career marketplaces based on skills. Include projects and secondments.
8) Provide awareness training to GenZ managers, including Millennials.
Guy is chosen to be on the jury at the Eventex 2021 awards
'Haves', 'Have Nots' and 'Yet to Haves'