1. Feedback is the life blood of GenZers. Constant formal and informal feedback is critical and allows GenZ to not only learn from their failures but also make their way around what for many of them is an unfamiliar and ambiguous environment.
2. Objectives should be measurable, linked to the organisation’s strategy or purpose with a reasonable timescale.
3. Traditional performance management processes are not appropriate for managing GenZ. Consider replacing or complementing them with processes that use the power of technology, allow for regular reviews and informal feedback.
4. Managers are crucial to managing GenZ. Set clear objectives that link to the organisation’s purpose, provide regular feedback and mentor your GenZ staff.
5. Ensure that diversity and inclusion as well as mental health is built into your performance management processes.
With performance management, GenZers want feedback, clear measurable objectives and managers who guide and mentor them.
Guy is chosen to be on the jury at the Eventex 2021 awards
'Haves', 'Have Nots' and 'Yet to Haves'